How to train
Orygen Dual Valve and Orygen Dual Valve Sport enable you to increase breathing capabilities by training your respiratory muscles with a simple, highly effective and easy to use system.
Training the muscles that expand and compress the thoracic cage works the same way as it does with the rest of the muscles of your body, by applying controlled loads or efforts.
How to adjust setting:
Within the box: 3 pieces (1 valve, 1 nozzle and 1 nose clip ), training calendar and instructions for use. At the end of the valve we find the resistance level to inhale (IN) and exhale (ES). It is applied by turning the wheels located at the ends of the valves.
INITIAL SET UP
- 1st step: Attach the nozzle to the valve and place the clamp on your nose.
- 2nd step: Turn the valves to the setting levels marked with the numbers
- 3rd step: Increase the level of resistance until you are short of breath to determine your ideal setting (difficulty with 3 or 4 breaths). *Do to different inhalation and exhalation capacity adjust each valve independently.
- 4th step: Turn the wheel once completely to reduce 1 level to begin exercise with initial settings. There is a ramp up period as you begin to training your muscles. Increasing 10 cmsH20 when you are ready to advance. You may be ready to advance your settings in as a little as 1 week. The system is extremely mobile and can be used anywhere at anytime
- Frequency: 4 or 5 days a week, twice daily
- When to use: Morning and Night
- Treatment method:
- Start of program: 3 series of 10 reps morning and evening
- Once comfortable, increase to 3 series of 20 reps morning and evening
- Advance usage: 3 series of 10 reps morning and evening
Training for COVID-19 patients:Rehabilitation performed and recommended for COVID-19 patients with Orygen Dual Valve (O2V):
- Make 10 inspirations worth 10 cms, 2 times in the morning, spaced in 2 or 3 hours
- Make 10 inspirations worth 10 cms, 2 times in the afternoon spaced in 2 or 3 hours
* Leave the aspiration valve at range 0 cms
Improvements obtained by performing the exercise:
- If the patient has an oxygen saturation apparatus, he will notice an improvement of 3-4 points
* If you notice an improvement you can increase it to 3 times in the morning and 3 in the afternoon with the same value of 10cms until the doctor gives another indication.
- If the patient becomes dizzy doing when training he must stop immediately
- If the patient does not saturate and does not increase the percentage of oxygen after performing the exercise, he must stop immediately
*Leave the aspiration valve at range 0 cms